12 Photos >>
Located in the heart of downtown Cleveland, Ohio, on Lake Erie, Cleveland State University (CSU) partners with world-class hospitals, Fortune 500 companies, government research centers and cultural institutions to develop academic programs, research projects and job opportunities.
CSU offers 9 MBA and MS graduate degrees in business and engineering. Our top programs include software engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, information systems, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, environmental engineering, biomedical engineering and computer science.
- Engaged Learning program connects 3,000 students with internships
- #59 U.S. Graduate School for Public Affairs—U.S. News & World Report, 2019
- #156 Best Engineering Schools—U.S. News & World Report, 2020
- A Top 100 School—USA Today, 2018
- $84M in research grants—2017
- #18 in public universities for upward mobility and research impact—Brookings Institution, 2019
- CSU creates 6,739 jobs with a $679M economic impact—Center for Economic Development, 2015
- Alumni work at NASA Glenn Research Center, Sherwin-Williams and Progressive Insurance.
Get Involved, Be Engaged
- 200+ student organizations, clubs and honor societies
- 18 NCAA Division I sports teams with 288 student athletes
- Electronic Printing Lab, Polymer 3D Printing Lab and Machine Shop for student engineers
- IdeaVikes and StartupVikes programs help launch your business.
Cleveland: A City Revitalized
Set on beautiful Lake Erie, Cleveland is one of the cultural centers of the American Midwest and home to world-class hospitals, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, the Allen Theatre and the Gordon Square Arts District.
Weather & Climate
Cleveland, like other cities in the Great Lakes region, enjoys four distinct seasons, with warm summers and cold, snowy winters.
In & Around Cleveland
- Visit Playhouse Square, the second-largest performing arts district in the U.S.
- Experience all that Lake Erie has to offer, including Cleveland Lakeshore Nature Preserve, Edgewater Park and Euclid Beach Park.
- Nicknamed Forest City, thanks to 23,000 acres of nature preserves and 300+ miles of trails
- Explore the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or catch a show at Connor Palace.
- Explore Cleveland Metroparks and take in the Cleveland Cultural Gardens.
As an international student enrolling at a select U.S. News Global Education school, you will have access to exclusive programs and services.
To make your transition as easy as possible, our enrollment counselors set you up for success with:
- Streamlined application process
- Assigned counselor
- Major/field of study guidance
- Visa interview help
- Prep webinars & checklists
- Help with required forms
- Airport welcome
- Student & parent orientation
- Cultural group outings
- Classes for your academic level
- English-language & ESL help
- Tutoring support
- Career Accelerator Program
- Internship assistance
- Job search help
Master of Computer and Information Science-Computer Science (MCIS-CS)*
Master of Science in Software Engineering (MSSE)
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE)
Master of Science in Civil Engineering (MSCE)
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME)
Master of Science in Environmental Engineering (MSENV)
Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering (MSBME)
Master of Science in Chemical Engineering (MSCE)
*The (MCIS-CS) degree will be called Master of Computer Science (MCS) starting in Spring 2020.
Master of Computer Information Science-Information Systems (MCIS-IS)*
*The (MCIS-IS) degree will be called Master of Information Systems (MIS) starting in Spring 2020.
Dates & Costs
For the latest application dates and program costs information, please visit global.csuohio.edu.