23 Photos >>
The University of Utah is located on a picturesque campus in Salt Lake City, in the western part of the United States. At Utah, we place a strong emphasis on entrepreneurship, innovation and quality of life to help create global leaders.
The University of Utah offers 100+ undergraduate degrees, including highly ranked programs in entrepreneurship, business, engineering, law, education and gaming design.
- #43 Best Business Program—U.S. News & World Report, 2020
- #61 Best Undergraduate Engineering Program—U.S. News & World Report, 2020
- #40 World’s Most Innovative University—Reuters, 2016
- #25 Best School of Computing — CSRankings, 2019
- #1 Gaming Design Program—Princeton Review, 2016
- #44 in Top Public Schools—U.S. News & World Report, 2020
- $500+ million in research funding
- 963,760 square feet of research space
Get Involved, Get Engaged
- 600+ student organizations, including the Diversity in Business Society and the Women’s Soccer Club
- Campus culture includes the Utah Museum of Fine Arts and multiple music and theatre venues
- Free public transport for University of Utah students
Salt Lake City: Growth, Culture and Adventure
The capital of Utah, Salt Lake City is located in the gorgeous western region of the United States and known for its quality of life and double-digit job growth. Students love the city’s energy, international culture and outdoor recreation activities.
Named the #2 Best State for Businesses and Careers by Forbes (2018), Utah is home to many major employers, including eBay, Delta Airlines and Goldman Sachs.
Weather and Climate
Salt Lake City features hot, dry summers and rainy springs. Winters range from cool to cold, with snowfall common between November and April.
What to Do in Salt Lake City
- Explore the Great Salt Lake, the largest saltwater lake in the Western Hemisphere.
- Go skiing at five world-class ski resorts less than an hour from campus.
- Visit Temple Square and watch the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
- Participate in the Utah Pride Festival or the Living Traditions Festival.
- Experience world cuisines in the Central City neighborhood.
As an international student enrolling at a select U.S. News Global Education school, you will have access to exclusive programs and services.
To make your transition as easy as possible, our enrollment counselors set you up for success with:
- Streamlined application process
- Assigned counselor
- Major/field of study guidance
- Visa interview help
- Prep webinars & checklists
- Help with required forms
- Airport welcome
- Student & parent orientation
- Cultural group outings
- Classes for your academic level
- English-language & ESL help
- Tutoring support
- Career Accelerator Program
- Internship assistance
- Job search help
Note: Fall-only intake
Material Science & Engineering
Film and Media Arts
Health Promotion and Education
Parks, Recreation & Tourism
Speech and Hearing Science
Comparative Literary & Cultural Studies: Literature and Culture
Latin American Studies
Middle East Studies
Peace and Conflict Studies
Writing and Rhetoric Studies
Consumer and Community Studies
Environmental and Sustainability Studies
Healthy, Society, and Policy
Human Development and Family Studies
Note: All programs are offered with degree options B.A. and B.S.
Dates & Costs
For the latest application dates and program costs information, please visit utahglobal.utah.edu.
|Pre-Sessional English (1 Semester)|
Pearson Versant 69
|ELTS 5.5 (no sub-score below 5.0)
TOEFL 68 (no sub-score below 14)
Pearson Versant 50 (no sub-score below 42)
Password 5.5 (no sub-score below 5.0)
|IELTS 5.0 (no sub-score below 4.5)
TOEFL 60 (no sub-score below 12)
Pearson Versant 45 (no sub-score below 37)
Password 5.0 (no sub-score below 4.5)
|IELTS < 4.5
TOEFL < 50
Pearson Versant< 40
|Additional test requirements||No SAT / ACT required|